Friday, January 20, 2012

A Perfect Love Song



My friends Tracy, Andrea, and I are going to Austin tomorrow to see one of our favorite authors, John Green, at a book signing for his newest novel, The Fault In Our Stars.
John will be in Austin along with his brother Hank. Hank is a musician and he will be performing a few songs at the signing. So, in looking forward to this trip I've been listening to Hank Green all morning. And he has one song called Adult Female that I think, is actually, quite a perfect love song.


This song is for a girl

no wait I changed my mind

this song, is for an adult female



Is it just me or is it creepy

how often pet names refer to little children?



And it's not just girl

and it's not just baby
it's also boy and I think it's where we get shawty.



So this song is for the adult female I love

And if there's anything she's been dreaming of
All she has to do is ask.
And if she wants me to
I'll do whatever she asks me to do
as long as it isn't really evil
or otherwise makes me uncomfortable.
cause that's what love is, and I have it, for her.



This song is about love

But not what we think of as love,
especially if we are Justin Bieber



Love is hard and love is messy

And it can hurt worse than fire And sometimes it makes you want to tear down a
building with your bare hands



But it also happens to be

the best thing that's ever happened to me
And I'm obviously not a big fan of hyperbole.



So this song is for the adult female I love

And if there's anything that she's been dreaming of
And if I can acquire it with the amount of money I have
without making myself destitute then
all she has to do is ask
And I'll be with her until the end of time
as long as time ends before one of us dies.
cause that's what love is, and I have it

P.S. I simply copy and pasted the lyrics so I don't know why certain parts our in white, that was not my intention but I'm in a hurry and don't have to fix it!!!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I mean, at first glance the lyrics seem funny, but then when you think about them, they're honest and sincere.
    I'm SO excited for tomorrow!!!
    P.S. I know how to fix that white highlighting. Just let me know if you ever have this problem again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're finally showing up in my reader again! I love this. So funny. But still sweet, because, while I am a fan of hyperbole, I am also a fan of making fun of hyperbole. DUDE! How was the nerdfighter gathering?????

    ReplyDelete