Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Possible Metaphor


Tomorrow is the big race day and I am freaking out!!!

I don't want to do this anymore and I am really nervous about what is going to happen. 

I just don't want to embarrass myself. And I'm concerned that I could seriously get hurt trying to pull this off.

But, mostly, I'm just scared. 

This is something that I have wanted to do for so long and now I'm scared that I haven't done the work needed to make it happen. 

Is there a metaphor in there about how I've also wanted a relationship for a really long time or I've wanted to simply be happy for a really long time but find myself too lazy to do the work necessary to prepare myself...

possibly???

Okay, yeah, it is possible...but I can't think about that now! 

I'M FREAKING OUT!!!

I'M JUST TRYING TO SURVIVE THE NEXT TWENTY FOUR HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, dear God! Please pray for me friends! For me and Amanda and Shavonne and all the other people taking part in the marathon race tomorrow! Please pray that no one gets injured and that we are all able to finish strong.

4 comments:

  1. I am praying for you, just be the turtle and not the hare. No matter how you do today, you're amazing for even trying it! Not only will your survive, but I suspect after today you will thrive! (yup, there's a poet in me... mostly because there's not a lot I won't eat as long as it's covered in bacon and cheese...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS ON FINISHING, Courtney!!! I'm so proud of you! You did awesome and this is something no one can ever take from you!!! If I were you I'd be rocking that medal for months! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I'm just catching up on my blogs. I had a reminder set to call you the night before and it popped up somewhere I couldn't call and then (because iPhones are stupid sometimes) it went away because there is no "remind me again" feature. And I haven't had a chance to call you back, but I am SOOOOOOO proud of you for finishing! You are AWESOME!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it from the comments you finished and that is awesome! Seriously, a half marathon is nothing to sneeze at! I hope you took it nice and easy :)

    ReplyDelete